Linn Dara School is also located within the restructured Linn Dara Adolescent Day Programme in the Lily Suite, Community CAMHS Building, Cherry Orchard Hospital.
We offer an education programme to young people aged 13-17, residing within the Linn Dara CAMHS catchment area.
Linn Dara Education Programme
Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.
- This programme is focused on supporting young people (age 13-17), temporarily out of school, to return to a school setting. We expect that there will be up to a maximum of 10 young people in this class, at any time.
- It is a short term intervention (initially 8 weeks but this may be extended on a case by case basis depending on need) so the focus will be on providing a supportive education environment, reconnecting them with their schools or assisting them to source an alternative long term education placement.
- Young people will be supported in Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle Curricula by qualified, experienced post primary teachers in a wide range of subjects including Irish, English, Maths, History, Geography, Science, Business, French, Art, Physical Education and Woodwork.
- Support will be also offered in other curricular areas, where possible. Cooking, Horticulture, Career Guidance, Social, Personal and Health Education (SPHE) and School Excursions also form part of the programme offered.
- Referrals are taken on an ongoing basis.
- Referral forms are available from Linn Dara School Office. Email email@example.com
Throughout enrolment on the programmes, we will liaise with the nominated CAMHS key worker and provide regular updates on progress. A Student Support File / Individual Education Plan will be developed for each young person and regular communication links will be initiated and maintained with their home schools. A phased return will be developed.